recipe: winter salad with grapes, blood orange & feta
One of the best ingredients this time of year I think is blood orange. It is always a surprise when you peel them, are they really red inside or do they just look like normal oranges? This week I found myself some juicy organic beauties and I used them for this simple sweet, savoury & sour salad.
Winter salad with grapes, blood orange & feta
- 1 handful of red and green grapes, sliced
- 1 organic blood orange
- 1/2 avocado, stoned and sliced into cubes
- 75 g feta
- 1 handful of rocket
- 1 punnet of salad cress or broccoli cress
- handful of hazelnuts, toasted
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- extra vergine olive oil
1 Slice the pith and peel from the orange and cut the fruit in segments.
2 On two plates arrange the sliced grapes, blood orange, avocado, feta, rocket, cress and toasted hazelnuts.
3 Season and drizzle with a little splash of olive oil and serve.