Pasta certainly is one of my favorite dishes. I love to combine simple flavors just by using left overs from my fridge or cupboard. The pesto is absolutely worth making, you can save it in the fridge if you've got some left. For this easy recipe I've used quinoa penne, but every other type of pasta will do! Ps, this is a perfect meal after a long day at the office, it only takes you 20 minutes to make.
Quinoa penne with radicchio, homemade pesto and taggia olives
for the pesto
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 handful of pine nuts, toasted, plus extra to serve
- 1 handful of freshly grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- extra vergine olive oil
- sea salt & black pepper
for the pasta
- 400 g quinoa penne
- 1 radicchio, finely sliced
- 1/2 handful of taggia olives, deseeded
- 1/2 bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1 Mix all the ingredients for the pesto in a foodprocessor and pulse to form a paste.
2 Fill a large pan with salted water, place on a high heat and bring to the boil. Add the penne and cook al dente (this means cooked pasta, but with a bite).
3 Drain the pasta and toss the pesto through the penne. Add the radicchio, olives, chopped parsley, extra pine nuts and basil. Serve with grated Parmesan and sliced baguette.